Looking to get a new bike or other cycling gear but don’t have room for them with all your old bikes in the way? Let us help you get those bikes out of your limited storage space the easy way and riding again under a new owner and receive a Bicycle Sport Shop gift card to spend at any of our stores. The Bicycle Sport Shop Trade-In Program is simple. You can start the process by filling out the online form or by bringing your bike to the shop. Just follow these three easy steps:
STEP 1 - Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to any of our five Bicycle Sport Shop locations.
STEP 2 - Bicycle Sport Shop’s certified used bike evaluator will assess your bike using our 70-point inspection checklist. Based on its age, condition, and need for service, we will make you an offer in 30 minutes or less.
STEP 3 - We will issue you a Bicycle Sport Shop gift card for the agreed-upon value of your trade-in that may be used immediately or at any time in the future for anything in our stores.
Please keep in mind:
- Not all bikes are eligible to trade-in. Your bike must be in good working order or in a condition that requires little maintenance to be in good working order and be free of structural damage of any type. In these cases, your bike is eligible for a $25 donation credit good toward any bike purchase for 90 days. These bikes are donated to one of our local non-profit partners on your behalf.
- If you would like a free estimated trade-in value of your bike before going to the shop, fill out the form below. Your estimate is not an offer until we have physically assessed your bike.
- In some cases, it may take up to 30 minutes to provide a trade-in quote after you have handed us your bike for assessment. Online quote submissions will usually hear back within 24 hours if sent during days we are open.
- We do not accept discount store bikes (Wal-Mart, Academy, Target, Toys R Us, etc.).
- We are looking for bikes that meet customer demand and have to take into account our current pre-owned inventory. For example, if we are fully stocked with used 29" full-suspension mountain bikes at the time, we will gladly perform the evaluation but may not be able to make you an offer for your trade.
- Bikes cannot be traded for cash. The agreed-upon value of the bike will be issued in the form of a Bicycle Sport Shop gift card that can be used at any time.