Slash 9.7 pairs fast-rolling 29er mountain bike wheels with long travel suspension to make one speed-hungry rig that's perfectly suited to both rowdy trail rides and enduro races. A full carbon frame, killer suspension package, and a solid parts spec means you're getting awesome performance at a ridiculous value, too.
It's right for you if...
You like ripping technical trails at warp speed and want a bike with insane descending prowess for the gnarliest trails and enduro races. You prioritize frame and suspension performance above all else, and want a durable drivetrain that won't break the bank.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Mino Link adjustable geometry, a 170mm FOX Rhythm 36 Float EVOL fork with GRIP damper, and 160mm of rear travel with a FOX DPX2 shock that offers loads of adjustability and tuning options. Plus, a SRAM NX/GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain and 4-piston hydraulic brakes.
The final word
Slash 9.7 gives you heaps of speed and courage for a shorter stack of cash. You're getting a full carbon frame, a solid parts group, and proven long travel suspension for performance where you'll notice it most.
Why you'll love it
- You’ll fade before the FOX DPX2 shock does—it's built to help you squeeze the most out of long, gnarly descents
- New, removable Knock Block has a bigger steering angle to keep cables and hoses safe without sacrificing turning radius
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- We added a second down tube guard to better protect your frame from shuttle-related damage
- Wider seat tube, wider dropper—the 34.9mm diameter post is stronger, more durable, and moves up and down faster