Bicycle Sport Shop’s Wear & Care Plan protects your investment by providing hassle-free coverage. Have peace of mind knowing that your new or certified pre-owned bicycle purchased at Bicycle Sport Shop is protected for three years against defects and normal wear and tear.
Whether you’re commuting to work or racing for the win, if you’re riding and maintaining your bike as you should, and something goes wrong, repairs on major components will be covered thanks to Bicycle Sport Shop’s Wear & Care Plan. Our plan also includes crash replacement coverage of your bike to help you get back on a new bike faster and easier in the event of damage beyond repair.
If you don’t purchase the plan immediately, it’s all right. You have 30 days from the date of your purchase to add it to your new bike. And any remaining time on your Wear & Care Plan can be transferred to another qualified bike purchased at Bicycle Sport Shop.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Wheels – Spokes, Rims, Hubs, Quick Release
- Forks – Suspension and Rigid
- Crank – Crank Arms, Chain Rings, Bottom Bracket, Pedals
- Brakes – Levers, Cables, Housing, and Caliper Components
- Drive train – Front and Rear Derailleurs, Chain, Freewheel/Cassette, Shifters, Cables
- Suspension – Front and Rear Components
- Saddle, Seat Post, Handlebars, Stems, Headset
- Crash Replacement – If the cost to repair your bike is greater than its purchase price, receive 35% of the original purchase price to use toward a bike of equal or greater value. Or, receive 35% off a replacement bike of less cost than your original bike's purchase price.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Products or items not specifically listed herein including, but not limited to, frame paint and decals, brake pads, grips, tires, tubes, suspension seals, and motors and electrical components on electric bikes
- Consumer replaceable items such as batteries, brake pads, brake shoes, tires, tubes, suspension seals, and bulbs
You are responsible for your bike’s general maintenance. Follow the maintenance schedule for your specific bicycle make and model as well as any other third party component’s maintenance schedule. Bring your bicycle into Bicycle Sport Shop for regular service, and if your bicycle needs repair, bring it into any Bicycle Sport Shop location along with your Wear & Care card and we will gladly take care of you.
Coverage is compromised in the event of:
- Damage caused by improper maintenance
- Failures due to corrosion or rust
- Damage to components and parts on the covered bike caused by accidents, impact, or collision with another object; misuse, abusive use, theft, neglect, vandalism, environmental conditions (fire, flood, corrosion, dirt, sand, windstorm, hail or exposure to weather conditions)
- Damage caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or installation of parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bicycle as sold
- Modifications made to the bike after purchase
- Damage resulting from repairs done outside of Bicycle Sport Shop
- Covered product used for commercial purposes or for purposes other than those intended by the manufacturer; commercial purposes include but are not limited to use as rental equipment, delivery service, patrol services, or other service use
- Any loss or damage that occurs while the covered product is being transported Service where no defect can be found as determined by Bicycle Sport Shop in its sole discretion
If we find no defect or deny coverage under this plan, you will be solely responsible for all costs incurred, including labor costs.
The Wear & Care term begins on the purchase date of the bike. The plan will expire three years after the date of purchase and runs concurrently with any applicable original manufacturer’s warranty. Any remaining time on your Wear and Care Plan can be transferred to another qualified bike purchased at Bicycle Sport Shop.
We agree to repair or replace the covered component in the event it is rendered inoperable due to defects in materials or workmanship or mechanical breakdowns experienced as a result of normal wear and tear. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to decide whether to repair or replace your covered product under this plan.
If your covered bicycle needs repair, you can bring it into any Bicycle Sport Shop location along with your Wear & Care card and we will gladly take care of you. We agree to provide the labor and parts necessary to restore your bike to normal operating condition. You will be responsible for finding alternate transportation while your bike is under repair.
In the case of replacement, we reserve the right to replace your covered component with a comparable product of like kind and quality. The price of any single repair or replacement shall not exceed the original retail purchase price of the covered bike.
Replacement of a covered component will fulfill the plan's agreement for that particular component. This fulfillment clears any further obligation to that component. Though they cease to be covered under the plan, replacement components will include any coverage provided under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Bicycle Sport Shop will not under any circumstances be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, including property damage, lost time, lost data resulting from the breakdown or failure of any equipment, or from delays in servicing the covered bicycle.
The plan may be transferred as a result of two scenarios. First, you may transfer any remaining time on your plan from the originally covered bike to another new or certified pre-owned bicycle purchased from Bicycle Sport Shop. Second, if you sell or transfer ownership of the covered bike to the new owner, you may transfer the Wear & Care Plan along with the bike.
To transfer the Wear & Care Plan to a new bike or to a new owner, simply send an e-mail notice to [email protected] This e-mail must include your name, address, phone number, purchase date for the covered bicycle, the covered bicycle’s make and model, and the serial number. In the email, please explain if you will be transferring the plan to a new bike or to a new owner.
This is not an insurance policy. Bicycle Sport Shop will assist you in understanding the Wear & Care Plan and coverage benefits from the day you purchase it.
With any correspondence, please provide your name, address, e-mail, and daytime phone number along with the purchase date and the serial number of the covered bicycle.